Thursday, May 22, 2008

INTA 2008 Annual Meeting in Berlin



May 17 - 21, I was in Berlin for the INTA 2008 Annual Meeting liveblogging for Internet Cases. Fortunately I had most of the day Sunday to tour, it was an amazing city of rich old and modern history; in many places there was a stark contrast between the old and new, the east and west. Some of the tour highlights were the Brandenburg Gate, the Holocaust Memorial, Checkpoint Charlie, and what remains of the Wall. Not much else is new over here. I am hoping to do the Tour du Lac (180km around the lake) with Jason on June 1, then am planning on watching the Dauphine-Libre as it heads into my backyard and up the Col de Croisette (Cat 1 climb) which I recently rode on my latest work-in-progress, a 42-17 geared single-speed bike. The next day, my birthday, the race continues over to the Col de Joux Plane (a famous Tour de France climb). I'll be at both.

No comments: